Jordan and I went to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Concert that was at our school. It was so fun! And I even curled my hair for the special date!
We had some friends over for dinner and I cooked my first ever whole chicken!
I made a blanket for my mom for her birthday. She hasn't used it yet because it's still way to warm in San Diego to even think about blankets!
And I've been giving our old table a makeover! It's not done yet but here are some pictures of the progress.
The original, ugly table!
Cutting some of the tape to create the chevron, I was doing the tape outside but birds pooped on it! So we brought it inside so I could work on it. (Tape stuff took like 3 times longer than the actual painting part)
It turned cold this week and was super windy yesterday so I had to wait until it was a little warmer and not windy. I painted out front in the sun :) (That's our apartment!)
Dome painting the blue on.
No more tape!
I ran out of white paint so I wasn't able to seal the tape very well before I added the blue. There are a lot of little spots that bled! I'm trying to decide if I should get regular paint and hand paint over all the white stripes or use some metallic silver and do thin lines along each side of the blue stripes to cover all the spots. What do you think?
We originally got this table at di and intended for it to be our kitchen table. I planned on painting it in cream and distressing it. Then we never found chairs that we liked to go with it, and I fell in love with another table every time we went to Target, so Jordan let me use our giftcards and get it. So then this table became our extra "junk table". Partly because I thought it was junky and partly because it almost always had junk mail on it. We even tried to sell this table quite a few times and as soon as people saw the picture they didn't want it. I'm so glad we didn't sell this table because now I love it! I told Jordan we might have to switch out our kitchen table with this one for a little while! He wasn't crazy about the idea though.
That's pretty much what we did in September. We also spent some time with friends and had a lot of fun. We love our new apartment and our new ward. Here's to hoping that October is just as great as September. (We did have some ups and downs, I had a lot of downs, but I like to focus on the positive and I'm looking forward to the future!)
If you read all this you are great! My posts are always so long! Anyways, you are great! Have a fantastic day!
It's so cute! Nice job!!
ReplyDeleteLove it!!
ReplyDeleteCute Maddie. You are awesome.
ReplyDelete