I raided the ribbon section at Michael's and made some hair bows for that sweet baby girl! Sadly she doesn't have enough hair for them yet but she will one day! (Sorry only a cell phone picture of those! These aren't all of the ones I made but I forgot to snap a picture before I wrapped them up the night of the baby shower! Jenni if you are looking at this and wondering about the big lace flower, I just have to glue it on a clip, sorry!)
My mother-in-law had some fabric that she asked me to make into a quilt for the baby. We added in a little bit of pink and I'm really happy with how it turned out! It was so fun making it, even though I would have to work on it then put it all away (very carefully in very organized rows and piles) because my sister-in-law came over like everyday. She even came the day of the baby shower when I was finishing it up and I was running across the hall with it when she walked in the front door! (Luckily I saw her in the driveway!) My mother-in-law saw a quilt on pinterest that had ric rac sewn in with the binding so we tried it out and it's one of my favorite things about this quilt.
My nephew has a new found passion for cars! I planned to make this for him for Christmas but ran out of time and we decided it would be the perfect thing to give him when his new sister came! I saw it on pinterest (of course!) and couldn't wait to make it. I have seen it called a car wallet and I think that's a great name. It's soft and my sis-in-law can easily (I hope!) throw it in her diaper bag when they go somewhere and pull it out when he needs something to do.
He loves it! He loves the fish and the stars on the fabric and the cars on the inside!
That's pretty much it for now. Hopefully I'll be able to make some more things in the future. I have hijacked my mom's sewing machine and I'm starting to wonder how much she would miss it if it just happens to end up in our new apartment! If she wants to keep it then Jordan is definitely getting me one for Christmas next year, well I guess it would be like me getting one for myself then wrapping it up and writing "to maddie love jordan" on it!

Your quilt looks so good! Well everything looks so good. You are so talented!
ReplyDeleteThanks! You are so talented too!
ReplyDelete