Thursday, September 8, 2011

Our Wedding Day

We're MARRIED! It's been almost a month already. I can't believe how fast time flies! Everyday I think "wow I'm so lucky :)" (yes with a smile).
Our wedding day was the best ever! I woke up really early in the morning to get ready. I did my own make up and then went to Jordan's house where his awesome cousin Julie did my hair. We had breakfast together and then went to the temple together with my mom and his dad. I love the temple. After we got dressed Jordan and I got to sit together in the Celestial room for a little while, waiting for everyone to get seated in the sealing room. It was really nice to just sit there, it was so calm and peaceful, I loved it and so did Jordan. Then we went into the sealing room, and I was so overwhelmed to see everyone there. I could feel the love that all of them have for Jordan and I and it was amazing. Our sealer (who is Jordan's dentist and has know him for a long time) talked about what he has learned while working in the temple, and didn't give us any marriage advice because he said that we would get plenty of that from other people. But as I've thought about it the temple is some great marriage advice, I can't really put it into words but I know that if we go to the temple often we will be great. If that makes any sense. Anyways I started tearing up when we first got into the sealing room and I almost knocked over my chair as I sat down because I couldn't really see. Good think my mom is also a crier and she had some tissues because I couldn't get to the ones I had put in my pocket fast enough. I tried really hard to pay attention and to not cry, but I was having a hard time because I could hear people sniffling behind me. After the sealing when we were hugging people is when I started crying, especially because the people that were hugging me were crying! But it was so beautiful and I had such a great feeling after. I changed into my wedding dress with the help of my mom and then I got to go be with Jordan again. We waited a little while for my mom to take my stuff to the car and get back to where we would come out of the temple and finally Tara knocked on the door and we got to come out! I was overwhelmed again to see all of the people that were there to see us. It was so fun hugging everyone and taking pictures.
Then we went to the beach to take pictures with the bridal party, which was really fun. Then we went to my house and had lunch, picked out some pictures to display at the reception and went to help set up the rest of the reception before taking some pictures there. Our reception we so much fun! There were so many people that came that we have both known for years and some we hadn't seen in a while. We had good food, good music and great cake! For our exit we had these super cool streamers, except we kind of got stuck in them a little bit and I almost tripped. Overall it was a great day! Everyday on our honeymoon I told Jordan I wanted to have another wedding. I'm so so so happy that we are married! I'm sealed to my best friend for forever and it's so great knowing that! I'm so glad we got married in the temple, I can't even describe really how I feel about it, I just know it was the best decision I have ever made and I'm so grateful for it. This post is probably kind of disorganized, but I think I said everything I really wanted to. I am still in love with weddings! I even told our friends last night that my dream job would be to work in a dress store here in Rexburg because I just love weddings! I love Jordan so much and I love being married to him! It's the best!

1 comment:

  1. i am soo so happy for you maddie! this made me tear up a little bit because i am so happy for you and so so proud of you. love you to death! thanks for being such an amazing example to me :)

    ReplyDelete