Thursday, July 5, 2012

Mormon Night at the Padre Game

We did so much while we were home! (Read about Thursday here and Friday here)

By Saturday I was pretty drained, it had been a long few days already and I was kind of emotionally exhausted too! We went for more of a laid back day! We got to see the newlyweds open their gifts, spend some time with Jordan's family, go to Phil's (a must on every trip if we can! Jordan LOVES that place!) and then we went to Mormon Night at the Padre game. Padres games are always fun and it was fun to be able to be there with both of our families and some people from our ward. I did take a few pictures (which I just realized are all sideways and I need to rotate them...later)! Jordan has a few more on his phone!

After the game we spent a little time with my family then said our goodbyes and went to bed! We were so tired! Then we got up on Sunday morning, said goodbye to Evan, Jenni and Cy and Tom took us to the airport. We had a good flight to Phoenix and got to eat lunch at Pardise Bakery in the airport! (I love that place! Their cookies are the best!) They we had a not so great flight to Salt Lake, there was quite a bit of turbulence and the guy across the aisle from Jordan puked right before we landed! At least it was at the end of the flight and not at the beginning! Then we went to go get our suitcase from baggage claim. When we got our bag off of the belt this it was pretty damaged. The back panel was ripped halfway off and the handle that you use to roll it came completely off! A lady standing nearby told us to talk to the airline about it to see if they could do anything about it! We are grateful for that lady! We walked in the office and showed them our bag and they brought out two new suitcases still wrapped in plastic and asked us if we wanted blue or black! It was so great! We had to leave our old suitcase there but who cares! We just wish we could have taken a picture of it first! But now we have a really good quality suitcase that is brand new and super sturdy! And it was FREE! Lesson learned: take your old crappy suitcases with you on a Southwest flight (ours wasn't even that old or worn) hope that it gets damaged pretty badly (without your stuff coming out, and more than just your seams getting ripped because they said they don't do anything about that!) then tell them about it and get a new one. Just kidding! It probably doesn't happen very often but it happened to us and we thought it was pretty cool! We made it back to Idaho safely and our lives have pretty much returned to normal. I have one week left of my internship! And there are two weeks left of school! And two weeks until graduation! Woo! I'm excited our families are coming up for it! (It helps that Brynn is having her reception in Pocatello the day after :) thanks Brynn!) I'm excited my dad will finally get to come here and see where I've spent the last four years of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment