Friday, January 6, 2012
Christmas Time!
I loved Christmas this year! It was so fun!
In past years I've felt like Christmas was really rushed and crammed into two weeks when I went home. I didn't really do a lot of Christmasy things with my roommates, we gave each other gifts but it was just different than when I was growing up and I missed it! So this year I got a jump start to make sure I got my fulfillment of the Christmas spirit and holiday.
We started off by getting a Christmas tree! I begged Jordan for one for a few weeks, and when we went to the store to finally get one they didn't have the one we wanted! I was so bummed! Then one day when I came home from school there was a little Christmas tree set up! Jordan had surprised me and I was so excited! It's a baby tree, like 3 ft tall baby, and it's fake with lights already on it. We decided to just have a little tree while we live in apartments and are moving around a lot so it won't take up too much space, and we've agreed that one day we'll get a bigger one (I hope it's real too!). We got some little gold balls at walmart that are shiny, satin or glitter and they looked fantastic on our tree! Especially with the lights on! My Grandma sent us our ornament for the year, which was this gold apple and we put in on the top because we have no star or angel right now. We also set up our nativity under the tree and that looked pretty cool too! Lastly we hung our stockings on the wall! I loved it! And I loved turning on the lights every night! This was all before Thanksgiving too! I got an early start this year and completely ignored my rule of no Christmas until after Thanksgiving!
Sorry this picture is sideways. I'm not sure how to rotate it on here. But here is our cute little tree! The rest of our time at school was filled with finals and Christmas music playing every chance I got. In the car or on my ihome in the kitchen or on my pandora station on my laptop. We also had a cookie decorating party with Aubrey and Darren! Aubrey and Darren are really detail oriented when it comes to decorating their cookies, I am too, but not quite as much as them! Their cookies looked great! Mine looked pretty good and we barely got to see Jordan's because he would decorate it and then eat it right away! It was really fun and helped us get even more into the Christmas spirit! I forgot to mention that we got me an early Christmas present which was 101 cookie cutters! I loved using the Christmas ones (there are seriously like 15 shapes just for Christmas!)and I'm looking forward to when I can use the rest of them!
Jordan and I planned out what we wanted to get everyone for Christmas but went shopping at home because we were flying and didn't want to bring a ton of stuff with us! Being home was so fun! It was like double Christmas because we have two families now! It was a little hard trying to balance spending time with both families and we were back and forth a lot! But I really enjoyed it! I didn't feel like I was missing anything because we were only with one family! I'm so glad I fell in love with Jordan and we got married because we don't have to pick who we spend the holidays with every year! We can just go home and share them with both! Hopefully neither of our families decides to move! That would ruin it! But it wouldn't be so bad. Christmas was wonderful and I loved it and I and already looking forward to next year! But I had my fill so I can definitely wait to start celebrating, at least until November :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment