Monday, January 9, 2012
The First Week of the New Year
So far 2012 has been pretty good to us! Well mostly. We're back in Rexburg and it's not even as cold as it should be this time of year. In the past three or four years every time I come back up here after Christmas break there will be a good two or three feet of snow on the ground and the temperatures will drop into the negatives at nights and sometimes the temp during the day will only get into the single digits. So far there is hardly any snow. Meaning there are patches of snow here and there, mostly the places that are stuck in shadows all the time. And the temp has been in the mid 30's during the day! I love it! I don't have to layer my clothes or wear more than one pair of socks! Some people are complaining about the lack of snow this winter, but this California girl does not mind one bit! It is supposed to snow tomorrow and I might just cry if it snows a lot! I know I'm a baby but I just am tired of living in snow, and I dislike driving in it! So if there is quite a bit of snow on the ground Jordan gets to drive me to school (and some of my classes are at 7:45 AM!).
Ok besides the weather I am back at school for my LAST semester of classes! Woo hoo! Partay! My classes aren't super difficult so far, the hardest part is my early morning class! I get out at 8:45 and don't have class until 11:30 so I have been coming home and taking a nap :) But I'll probably stop that soon so that I can work during that time. I've been trying to go to bed earlier so that I can adjust easier. I've just go to keep up on all the reading I have to do.
I started work again today! So far I'm mostly at the desk but I'll start tutoring soon (well Probably Friday). I'm so sad this is my last semester working there! Working at the math lab has been one of the best jobs of my entire life! I have met some of the most humble, interesting, smart, and fun people I have ever known. I think my most favorite part of my job is when I am working with a student and we are working so hard to understand something and then finally the lightbulb goes off and they are so satisfied with themselves for figuring it out! I love it! Sometime I'll have to write a post about Becky, she is one of my all time favorite students and is an amazing person.
Jordan and I made a resolution to eat healthier this year. I think we have been doing a pretty good job so far. We have been trying to eat more fruits and have been trying to cut more fat out of our diet. I'm proud to say that I lasted over a week without baking! (I baked all the time last semester!) Or I would make caramel popcorn. I'm proud to say I'm doing better. I did make cookies today but I only made one pan and I'll put the rest of the dough in the fridge or freezer for another time. We made sweet pork burritos yesterday! Well they were more like soft tacos because we had little tortillas. We made pork quesadillas tonight with the leftovers. We still have more so we might have to get creative! It made a lot! I love my crock pot! I even got a pot roast the other day! Jordan was like, "That's $12!" Then I explained to him that it was on sale and we could make 4 meals out of it (making each meal only $3!) and then he was totally on board!
I'm excited our ward is moving to 9:30 next week! My relief society buddy got a calling in primary and I'm sad because now I have to find a new relief society buddy to sit with. It will all be good. I realize this is probably pretty boring so if you got all the way to the end congratulations! Thanks for reading. Maybe our life will be more interesting and I'll have something really cool to share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment