I had a great plan to throw Jordan a surprise party this year! I was going to get him out of the house and then sneak a few things off to the park and have everyone meet there before Jordan gets there. I filled up 200 water balloons and hid them in our apartment. I also had snacks hiding in the fridge and trunk of the car, and pinatas and decorations under our bed! The day of the party came and it was cloudy and kind of cold outside. I was so bummed! Jordan and I were talking and I asked him if he wanted to go to the water park (sneaky! kind of) and he said no and that he didn't really want to get wet. Oh no! I had all those balloons and everyone was planning on coming to the park! Right when this is happening Jordan's cousin Alden was texting him to set up the distraction and get him out of the house. They were going to go to lunch at a Mexican food cart on Main Street that Jordan has been wanting to try. The problem was Alden couldn't go with Jordan until 3 (because the party was supposed to start at 4) but Jordan was already starving and wanted to go right then! He told Alden they would just have to go another day. Rachel, Alden's wife had just called me to talk about having to change the party plans and Jordan heard me telling her I had a plan and I would text her. Then Alden called because Jordan wasn't going along with the plan and Jordan heard me telling Alden the talk to Rachel. He was getting suspicious and started asking questions! I told him that you shouldn't ask questions on your birthday! We changed our plans and decided to have everyone meet at Red Robin and get a table and Jordan and I would meet them there, but Jordan didn't know any of this! For the rest of the afternoon before dinner I started decorating for the cake party. Jordan thought that just the two of us were going to dinner then everyone would come over for cake after we got back. I started pulling the decorations out from under the bed and setting them up. Jordan would see something new and ask "where did you get that?" then "When did you get that?" It was really fun! I had fun setting everything up!
The Food Table
Ready to Party! In front of the streamers!
Pinata Table
I put out the pinatas while Jordan was in the car so it was a little bit of an extra surprise for him when we got back! (I made them myself too!)
So we headed to Red Robin and met our friends at the table! Jordan was really surprised! I was so excited to surprise him that I forgot to get a picture of his face when he saw everyone. Oh well! We had a lot of fun at dinner! Our friends had told the waitress that it was Jordan's birthday before we got there so when we were done eating they came out and gave him "birthday ears" and sang to him! It was so fun!
Jordan's Birthday Ears! (Don't mind me laughing at him!)
We came back and had snacks, cake, broke the pinatas, played a little bit of wii, and Jordan opened his presents! Overall it turned out great even though we had to change the plans. Jordan loved it and had so much fun! We loved having all of our friends over to celebrate with us! It was definitely better than last year! (No one ended up coming except my roommate!) Here are a few more pictures from the party!
Looks like a lot of fun! I wish we could have been there. The cake and cheesecakes look amazing! You are so crafty! The pinatas and padre hat are so cute!
ReplyDelete