Monday, July 16, 2012

4th of July!

For the Fourth of July we decided to watch the Parade here in Rexburg. I guess it is what people call a "candy parade". Pretty much every float throws candy or something into the crowd. We thought we had a good spot, we were on the sidewalk about five feet from the street but then the parade started and tons of people started standing in the bike lanes of the street! At one point the police were walking up and down the line high fiving people and telling them to scoot back! They were getting closer and closer to all the floats and stuff. We got so hot that we didn't stay for the whole parade (it was really long) and we felt like we were getting sunburned!



So we went back to Alden and Rachel's apartment for a bbq! It was so yummy! We had burgers and soda and chips and really good corn on the cob! Mmmmm! I also made some layered jello that I saw on the Our Best Bites website!



I didn't do the layers quite right but it was really good! And pretty easy! So I will be making layered jello again in the future! Then we went for a walk and hung out for a little while. In the afternoon we decided to get ice cream and then came to our apartment to play some wii! We borrowed a carnival game from Jordan's cousins so we gave that a try and it was super fun! We had a mellow afternoon and evening. Then at night we went and ate at Olive Garden because Alden was working and we could watch the fireworks from the parking lot after dinner. The food was delicious! We did the 2 for $25 deal but it was really enough food for at least 4 people! Then we watched the fireworks! And right after they were done we got right on the freeway and headed home! Barely any traffic! It was great! And the whole way home it was like watching a mini firework show because people were lighting off fireworks in their backyards all along the freeway. It was a great day and a pretty good firework show! I feel bad for everyone in San Diego that tried to watch the fireworks at the bay. I think I've heard it called the "Big Bay Boom". I saw the video and it was pretty cool, but not if you were there waiting for so long! I told Hayden I would take him to but fireworks when he is here so he can get his fill for the summer, he was pretty disappointed. Overall it was a great day for the Naylor's!

2 comments: