Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Summer Vacation 2012!

We have a nice long summer vacation - seven weeks! So after my graduation we went to Utah and spent some time with Jordan's family. We went shopping and celebrated Pioneer Day. Then we went to a baseball game with Brynn and Trevor! We tried to stay for the whole game but it was the longest game I have ever been to, so we left during the seventh inning because we were going to drive to San Diego early the next day. Here are some pictures from the game:

We really liked to see that face every time he was up to bat!

We spent a little over a week in San Diego. It was definitely our lazy vacation! We just hung out with our families, went swimming and watched the Olympics! We got to babysit our nephew a few times! We love spending time with him and he is getting so big! I got to go wedding dress shopping with my aunt Anne! She is getting married in December and I am so excited for her and my soon to be Uncle Caleb! They are so sweet together! It's going to be a good Christmas this year :) It was a lot of fun dress shopping! I love weddings, I wish I could plan people's weddings for them! I'm so glad Anne let me be part of her planning! I'm looking forward to her wedding in a few months :) Jordan and I also ate at two of our favorite places - Zorro's and Phil's! We didn't really take any pictures because...well I'm not sure why but we didn't!

We then went to Bountiful and babysat Jordan's cousins for a week while his aunt and uncle were in Seattle. It was really fun! We played with play-doh, made soap clouds, then soap bars, took Lizzie to swimming lessons, went to the park and just had fun. Jordan and I decided that we want our kids to have lots of friends that they can play with! But it was still really fun. A lot of people said that this experience would be the best kind of birth control for us! But we weren't too overwhelmed or anything. It actually didn't seem that bad and I even felt like we could actually handle having four kids. Then I remembered that we didn't have to take them to school, make sure they did their homework and all those other things that come with raising kids! So maybe we will hold off for a while.

After babysitting we celebrated our anniversary in Utah then headed back home to Rexburg. We have been spending a lot of time with Carter here! We play a lot of backgammon and phase 10 and have been making good use of our Netflix! We have also been bowling, mini golfing and played billiards. Everything at FatCats is 99 cents for the summer so we go there sometimes. Overall it has been a good summer vacation so far! We still have about 3 more weeks until Jordan starts school, so we will be doing more fun things! Here are some pictures of what we have been up to:

No comments:

Post a Comment